As wildfires rage throughout the West Coast, many homeowners are being evacuated from their homes, while others standby for information as the spread continues.
If you live in an area that could be evacuated, there are steps you can take now to prepare your home and family, if and when the time comes.
- Create a “defensible space” by clearing your home’s surroundings of brush and vegetation
- Turn off sprinklers and main gas lines
- Clean out roof and gutters
- Move furniture away from windows toward the center of the room
- Remove flammable household items
- Prepare your emergency kit